Hey Students, to help us grow in our relationship with Jesus we are providing a weekly devo (devotional). This is week 2. It hard for us to find time every week to read the Bible and when we do think about it we struggle knowing where to start reading. It our hope that by putting up these weekly devo’s that it will help us get into God’s Word at least once during the week. Students, if you are reading some of the questions and they don’t make sense to you or you don’t know how to answer them, ask your parents for help. I would encourage you to bring your answers to Emerge (maybe in a journal) because your huddle group may go over them.
Pray: Take 2 minutes and STOP. Stop thinking about what you’ve done today. Stop thinking about what you need to do. Take a deep breath and pray and ASK God to join you. Ask Jesus to help you focus. Ask Jesus to help drowned out all the distractions in the next 20 minutes. Ask Jesus to speak to your heart and encourage you today in His word.
Read: Mark 2:1-12
- If you got really sick, I mean really sick, not like a cold but something a lot worse, and a friend looked you in the eye very seriously and asked if he could take you to his church so they could pray for healing over you, what would go through your mind? Take a minute and write out what your first thoughts would be. Then secondly, write what it would take to convince you to go to his/her church to be prayed over?
- Does Jesus have the power to heal? What do you think?
- Write out what is the greatest miracle Jesus could ever do?
- Re-read verse 5 and check your answer to the last questions.
- Is Jesus forgiving your sins a miracle? Write out what you think, and why?
- Read Luke 10:1-12, 17-20 (focus on vs. 17-20)
- Write what you think, based on those verses, should we rejoice more in what Jesus does “through us” or “in us?”
- Are you thankful today, if you have given Jesus your heart, that He has forgiven your sins?
Pray: If you are a follower of Jesus, thank Him that he has forgiven your sin and ask Him to remind you what a great miracle that is. Ask Jesus to help you trust Him today with your life as you go throughout your day.